Our Health and Safety culture is based on values and dominated by the desire to send every team member home safe every evening. Safety is a top priority for Crossland and it shows. We were awarded the National Construction Safety Excellence Award by the Associated General Contractors of America out of 10,000 firms considered.
The following are some components that make our safety program a nationally recognized success:
- We educate and empower all employees and subcontractors to create a safer work environment by holding daily safety meetings.
- We have an Experience Modification Rate (EMR) of 0.43, which is considerably lower than the industry average of 1.0.
- We perform employee background checks and have a zero tolerance drug testing policy.
- We give new employees a green hardhat, allowing supervisors to quickly identify them and make sure they are performing tasks in a correct and safe manner.
- We use a leading safety technology, SafetyNet, which analyzes and helps predict and prevent worker injuries while improving quality and productivity.
Our team is dedicated to making sure we promote the safest workplace possible for employees, subcontractors, clients, and others on our construction sites.