About Crossland Construction Company, Inc.
Crossland Construction Company is a leader in our industry and we continue to grow. Crossland has Midwest team member opportunities for hardworking, dedicated men and women. We work year round, and offer excellent compensation, and benefits, including health and dental insurance, a 401K-retirement plan, and paid time off. Crossland also offers in-house education programs that allow team members to advance their careers. When you work for Crossland, you become part of the family, and the benefits and opportunities are endless.
Crossland Construction Company is currently accepting applications to fill immediate concrete worker positions. Candidates must have their own transportation, be willing to travel, and be highly motivated. A drug screen, a physical, and a criminal background check are required of all successful candidates. The physical demands of this position include the occasional lifting up to 100 pounds, the frequent lifting of 50 to 70 pounds, and frequent climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, and handling. Applicants must be able to work outdoors.
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K-retirement plan with match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Paid educational opportunities
- Paid hotel and per diem when traveling
Perform any combination of the following construction project duties, most frequently working in a utility capacity, transferring from one task to the next. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Concrete patching
- Vertical and/or horizontal concrete placement
- Spread, vibrate, screed, and float concrete to ensure concrete is compacted to desired consistency, finish concrete surface to specified uniformity and smoothness
- Handle concrete buckets
- Power tool usage, including operation of mechanical vibrator and motorized equipment
- Stand or walk on narrow work surfaces at considerable heights
- Work without close supervision after being directed on task
- Obey and follow all jobsite safety rules and encourage others to do the same
- Maintain good relationships with coworkers and accomplish tasks through teamwork